Six Tips For Creative Clarity in 2018
I have just landed back in Paris and excited to start 2018 and share my six tips for creative clarity in 2018!!
I loved being in Australia and having the chance to meet so many beautiful new people, hear their stories and share mine.
I loved 2017! It was a year full of new and exciting experiences, a ton of travel and one that I am proud of.. including taking these pics of two beautiful gals the fabulous Sarah Hudson of Birdie Hill and her daughter Clare. What a fabulous day with two divine women!!
I remember back to this time in 2017 and what my hopes and dreams were and how I jotted them down in my journal. It’s extraordinary to look back and see so much of what I wanted actually happened and the beautiful thing was at the beginning of the year I didn’t ask myself ‘how’ I was going to do it, I just knew I wanted to do it.
That’s the magic thing about clarity. When you are clear on what you want no matter what area of your life and you mix it with passion, light, and love you are an unstoppable creative cabaret dancer (you know what I mean) !!!
So I thought these tips might help you get clear on what you want from 2018.
- Think of your biggest vision for yourself and your creativity and don’t ask yourself how you will do it, just know you want to do it. Write a text on what you see and feel. Get into detail about the work you will create, the people you want to work with, the places you will visit, where you want to create or how much money will be in your bank account!! Whatever is authentic to you.
- Close your eyes and imagine yourself on a stage or on a big screen at the end of 2018 telling your story, whose lives will you have touched, what work will you have created and what peace of mind do you feel? Will you have presented your first exhibition, launched your book, worked with the world’s best clients, made people laugh and dance and sing and touch them? Will it be that you have better relationships, more time and peace or dare to create what you have wanted to do forever?
- What are you going to make non-negotiable in 2018 for your business, creativity and life. What are you done with? What do you want to let go of?
- Close your eyes and ask yourself what is standing in your way of your vision for 2018 and where you are now. Is it a belief, systems, money, time or something else? Get clear on what will be the one thing that will come between you and your vision for this year.
- Create a morning routine that will support you and your vision for 2018. What you do in the morning sets up your day so create a routine that will take you a step closer each day. It could include meditation, exercise, journaling and visualizing.
- Give yourself permission to create what’s in your heart cause that’s where the good stuff is and when you create from a place of love and joy that’s when the universe sends you the magic.
All photos copyright Carla Coulson of Birdie Hill
I will leave you with my new favourite quote by Marianne Williamson
“Do what you love. Do what makes your heart sing. And never do it for money. Don’t go to work to make money; go to work to spread joy. Seek ye first the kingdom of heaven, and the Maserati will get here when it is supposed to.”
PS: If you want to hit it out of the ballpark in 2018 (or create something beautiful) and need a hand I have one spot left for the coming months and love to help you realise your dreams. More details HERE.
Related post: 10 Tips To Change Your Life
Check out my Portrait Lightroom Presets.
Pure Magic Carla, and I’m SO happy to see those beautiful women from Birdie Hill & oh how they SHINE!!!
Looking to make 2018 a big positive year…. thanks for all the reminders along the way of just how wonderful life is xxx
I’m going to print this out, and write after breakfast answer these questions.
Though I already know one of the answers. I need structured rest time. And in 2017 I was so busy doll making and writing the design tutorials the photography fell to the wayside. And I miss it. I’ve still got to work out what I want from the year. That’s why I’m rereading Italian Joy.
Love and respect. Always.
you are one of a kind – truly wonderful!!! happy 2018 xx