‘From Pain Comes Strength: Homage to Frida’ Exhibition
The lovely Kris Ashpole is excited to invite you to her exhibition From Pain Comes Strength – Homage to Frida: a photographic exhibition celebrating Frida Kahlo from Thursday 5th July to Wednesday 11th July. All the details are in the attached invitation above.
She is hosting a few events throughout the exhibition (stay tuned for more details as they are finalised):
- Thursday 5th July, 6-8pm: Opening night
- Friday 6th July, 12-7pm: Drop by for cake and champagne to celebrate Frida’s birthday
- Saturday 7th July, 2pm: Award-winning make-up artist Sabrina Melei re-creates Frida showing how she developed ‘Frida’s’ look.
- Sunday 8th July, 2pm: Photographer Kris Ashpole talks about her inspiration for the series, followed by a tour of the exhibition by performance artist, Carly-Anne Evans (who modeled as Frida). Carly-Anne will talk about how Frida influenced her and her unique perspective of the images.
- Tuesday 10th July, 6pm: Artist talk and discussion – see above.
There will also be giveaways announced in the coming weeks – so watch this space.
This exhibition was created by photographer Kris Ashpole; performance artist Carly-Anne Evans; make-up and hair artist Sabrina Melei, and; stylist Meg Ashpole.
Kris hopes to see you at the Exhibition during the week! If you are joining in for the opening night, please RSVP by 27th June. For more information, visit krisashpolephotography.com.
“I am my own muse. I am the subject I know best. The subject I want to better.” – Frida Kahlo
Related post: Carla Coulson talks Paris, memoir, and creativity