6 Good Things That Have Come From The Coronavirus
Hello beautiful folks,
Despite what is going on in the world, I am sending you a note of love and joy as it seems the fear department is working overtime.
I always try to find the good in a situation and often it’s hard to see what good there could possibly be when you are in the middle of it. Maybe this is the last shakedown before we truly embrace loving ourselves, doing life differently, respecting our earth and appreciating the small things in life we have always taken for granted.
Already there have been some amazing things come out of this situation. Here are six positive things:
- Connection is an essential part of us as human beings and we take it for granted. I love this video of the Italians showing how creative they are at maintaining their connection even when locked in their own apartments.
- Becoming more self-sufficient! So many of my friends who have a small plot of land have started planting vegetable seeds and growing their own food which we use to do and makes perfect sense. Sometimes I can’t remember why we aren’t doing it??
- The pollution in China, Venice and European cities has almost disappeared. A friend of mine in Venice told me the waters were now crystal clear like a Greek beach as there were no more ferries pumping out diesel fuel, no more oversized cruise ships stirring up the lagoon. Mother earth has a chance to heal and so do we.
- Disruption causes us to get creative. Often it’s with restraints that we produce our best work. I have taken up the photography challenge to see what I can come up with in my apartment. I’m calling this ‘My Corona Project’. Less can be more!
- Grounding – I’m guilty of my default being moving from one thing to the next whether it be a project or an airport. This gives us an opportunity to deep clean, settle into a project such as a writing a book, creating a business or website. In a world we are used to producing and being constantly on the go, it’s a chance for rest and renewal.
- Random acts of kindness – this what happens when things become unsettled, for every selfish act, there are double the acts of kindness. My neighbours have been knocking on our door seeing if we need anything we have been going out of their way to make sure our elderly neighbour has everything she needs.
I would love to hear what’s happening in your world and what positive things have happened for you or what changes you would like to make.
Sending you love, light and creativity,
PS: If you would like to have a little solidarity in this time I will be talking about what we can do to stay well, feel safe, have a positive mindset and make good use of this time. You can join me in this private group HERE