5 Ways To Transform Your Health
It has been a while since I have written about my journey to wellbeing and how I kissed goodbye my three auto-immunes, Alopecia Areata, Lichen Sclerosus and Graves disease. You can read the original posts HERE.
Without good health and a good level of energy it is difficult to change your life or go after the things that are really important to you.
I have seen this in the Yes Yes Yes – The Year You Say Yes to Yourself group, that when women’s health improves so does their goals, dreams and ability to go after them.
There have been so many lessons to learn about transforming my health but one of the most important one is not to be passive when it comes to your health. We have the power to improve our wellbeing by adjusting how we live, what we eat, drink and the way we react to the environment around us. Good health is holistic, not just about diet, it’s also about our emotions, stress levels and many other factors.
My journey will be different to yours because each of us are unique and it is this very uniqueness that makes you special. I needed to go slower, you may need to go faster. I needed to let go of acidic foods, you may need to add some. My gut health was compromised, yours may be in perfect order. My psychological ‘wounds’ were unique to me, and you may have your very own set.
What you can do and I would like to pass onto you, is the excitement and knowledge that you can gain from learning about food. We play a BIG part in our health and it isn’t the responsibility of a doctor or a naturopath to figure it all out. It’s our responsibility to treat our bodies with love, to feed and nourish them with foods that they need and not to abuse them and then wonder why they no longer work.
If you are suffering from chronic illness, my number one recommendation is to find a local naturopath you trust and work together with a doctor so you can bring back the harmony in your wellbeing and you can take the great energy you receive as a gift and put it into creating the life you dream of!
You can start learning about health and informing yourself through books such as The Wahls Protocol by Terry Wahls, Wheat Belly by Dr. William Davis, Mystery Illnesses by Anthony Williams, or Super Genes by Deepak Chopra and Rudolph Tanzi.
You and your body are perfect. If you are suffering from chronic illness today, it is simply that your body is out of harmony and it needs to be brought back to its natural balance. Your health is in your hands and ultimately if you aren’t happy with the way you feel, you have the power to change that by working with doctors and natural health practitioners to heal.
Our health is in our hands.
5 Ways you can improve your health and energy today
- Move at least 30-40 minutes a day, walk, dance, ride, run or workout.
- Become conscious of your posture when working and take breaks during your work day and get up and move.
- Rest when you are tired.
- Regulate your breathing and take time during the day to calm your breath.
- Incorporate yoga, stretching or pilates where you are ‘opening’ your muscles and joints.
- Add more fresh food and vegetables to your daily diet.
- Check your water intake.
- Chew slowly and listen to your body and what it needs.
- Swap processed, packet or canned foods for natural foods.
- Add Super foods, on a regular basis such as sprouts, algae (dulse), herbs and spices.
- Declutter and free up space.
- Remove electrical devices from around your bed.
- Beautify your surroundings.
- Add plants and pets (if you can).
- Remove objects with toxic memories.
- Remember you are a lovable human being and to receive love, you need to show love to yourself and others.
- Observe your reaction to events and the energy it takes from you.
- Notice what brings you joy and happiness and build more of that into your day.
- Make a practice in your day to bring peace and calm.
- Forgive people, yourself and situations on a regular basis.
- Follow hunches and intuitive messages about things you might like to try.
- Don’t ignore things that are important to you.
- Use your beautiful voice.
- Keep digging till you find something you connect to.
- Say YES only to the things you want to do.
Let your curiosity be your greatest ally. I hope this helps you start improving your health today.
Love and light,