All Photos Copyright Signe Vilstrup
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend full of love and light. It’s a little gloomy today in Paris and the weather boys are predicting -5 later in the week (brrr) so I thought we needed a little sunshine in our lives and a little Italian glamour inspiration to kick the week off.
These photos by fab photographer Signe Vilstrup are some of the most beautiful portraits of Monica Bellucci I have seen and being a huge fan of MB I have seen my fair share of pics – these are just exquisite. Love the flashes of gold, black and a red lip.
Love this portraiture angle and the emotion created with the faraway look in her eyes.
Hubby cruised by screen this morning and nearly fainted when he saw this pic. A devoted fan of Monica this pic rocked his world!! ha ha..
An exquisite portrait of a woman in her late 40′s. Love the interference in the front of the shot.
WHAT WE CAN LEARN FROM THIS SHOOT:
1. Location, Location, Location. In the 1st shot Signe Vilstrup has chosen a beautiful rustic location as the backdrop of the glamorous Monica. Wonderful contrasts of elegance with a grungy wall and hints of just gold, black and red.
2. I love so many of the poses in this shoot in particular the 2nd shot where all the textures and beauty meet and the angle that Monica is looking back to us. Wonderful positioning of the body to show off the lace sleeve, divine hair and to create a beautiful, interesting portrait angle.
3. Light! There is exquisite kind light in this shoot and any woman would look her best in this light. In the 3rd shot it looks to me like window light and her skin is illuminated softly and evenly
4. Love the pose and the mood in 4th shot. Muted colours and a red lip. Wow. Oh and one of the hottest cleavages on the planet. Love the interference on the right hand side that creates so much atmosphere.
5. Break out the wind machine and put a piece of bevelled glass in front of your lens and you may just come close to he 5th pic. That is if you have a Monica Bellucci look alike on hand.
I love this shoot, warms my portrait photographers heart and is a wonderful inspiration for middle age woman. Rock on Signe and praise to the lovely Monica.
“I know many beautiful people and their lives are just so terrible. They feel uncomfortable with themselves. Being comfortable is not about what you look like, but how you feel.” Monica Bellucci